- This event has passed.
Hispanic Heritage Month 2022
September 15 - October 15
Hispanic Heritage Month is observed by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15. The celebration is intended to:
- Honor the Lord’s saving work among Hispanics, especially those in the Lutheran church;
- Increase awareness of Hispanic and Latin American history and ministry; and
- Celebrate the culture and achievements of Hispanic and Latino Americans.
- Casiodoro de Reina (1520–1594), translator and publisher of the first complete Bible in Spanish
- Juan de Frías, Lutheran martyr from Venezuela
- Bilingual ministry with the Rev. Zabdi Lopez, pastor of Hope Lutheran Church, Woodburn, Ore.
- Order Himnario Luterano, the Spanish Lutheran Hymnal
- Read Reporter stories about LCMS Hispanic Ministry
- Listen to interviews about Hispanic Ministry from KFUO Radio
- Visit the Synod’s Hispanic Ministry page
- Learn about Spanish-language ministry resources
- Read Sharing stories about Hispanic ministry
- Read about LCMS international mission to Spanish-speaking people
- View 2021 LCMS Life Ministry Conference videos in Spanish