Hispanic Heritage Month 2021
September 15 - October 15
Hispanic Heritage Month will be observed by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15. The celebration is intended to:
- Honor the Lord’s saving work among Hispanics, especially those in the Lutheran church;
- Increase awareness of Hispanic and Latin American history and ministry; and
- Celebrate the culture and achievements of Hispanic and Latino Americans.
Look for special articles and observances all month long. Some of the people and achievements to be highlighted include:
- Casiodoro de Reina (1520–1594), translator and publisher of the first complete Bible in Spanish;
- Juan de Frías, Lutheran martyr from Venezuela;
- The new Spanish Lutheran Hymnal;
- Bilingual ministry with the Rev. Zabdi Lopez, pastor of Hope Lutheran Church, Woodburn, Ore.; and
- LCMS Hispanic ministry in the United States and abroad.