LCMS Disaster Response Conference — Fort Wayne, Ind.
April 15 | 1:15 pm - April 16 | 6:00 pm
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod will host a Disaster Response Conference — “Disciples in the Storms of Life” — from 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, April 15, to 6 p.m. Thursday, April 16, at Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Ind.
The conference precedes the Making Disciples for Life Gathering, which is April 17–18 at CTSFW.
Both conferences are open to laypeople, pastors and church workers.
Registration for the LCMS Disaster Response Conference is $30, which includes lunch on Thursday. The optional Wednesday banquet is $20.
Disaster Response Conference attendees will learn how the church can respond in crisis situations with the physical and spiritual care that those affected so desperately need.
Attendees will also hear practical advice and guidance from pastors, disaster response coordinators and others who have responded to significant disasters in 2019, including devastating floods in Nebraska and Missouri as well as the tornado in Jefferson City, Mo.
This event page will be updated with a detailed schedule, including speakers and presentation topics.
Contact LCMS Disaster Response at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging.
Another large conference is being held in Fort Wayne during the same dates.
There are two recommended lodging options:
- A block of hotel rooms at the Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne has been reserved at a discounted room rate of $99 per night (plus applicable taxes) for the nights of April 15-17.
- Rate includes complimentary hot breakfast, Wi-Fi, and parking. Complimentary airport transportation is provided to/from the Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne by request in advance only.
- Make reservations online >>
- Reservations may also be made by calling 260-999-6040; inform the hotel representative you are attending the LCMS conference.
CTSFW dormitory rooms
- Attendees may reserve a dormitory room at Concordia Theological Seminary for $30 per night.
- Each room has two twin beds. Linens (sheets, towels) are provided. Toiletries are not included.
- Spouses may share a dormitory room.
- Shared bathrooms are on separate floors for men and women.
- All questions regarding CTSFW housing should be routed through Marge Wingfield, not the LCMS Office of National Mission.
- Contact Marge Wingfield for housing at 260-452-2100 or email@example.com.
- CTSFW housing guests will need to stop by the Office of Public Safety upon arrival for payment and keys.