‘Making Disciples for Life’ Gathering — Fort Wayne, Ind.
April 17 | 8:00 am - April 18 | 3:30 pm
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is hosting a Making Disciples for Life (MDFL) Gathering from 8 a.m. Eastern time on Friday, April 17, through 3:30 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Ind.
Registration for the MDFL conference is $50, which includes Friday and Saturday lunches. The optional Friday night banquet is $20.
As a special group discount, one free registration will be included with every group of six. (Congregations: get five members to go together, and your pastor gets in free!)
While similar in format to January’s MDFL Initial Gathering in St. Louis, the forthcoming schedule will reflect changes made in response to participants’ feedback.
The goal of these conferences remains the same: face-to-face interactions and exchanges of information among the people of congregations, districts and the national Synod.
The gathering will include presentations with question-and-answer opportunities, as well as two types of “tabletop discussions”:
- Resource share discussions: Learn what your Synod has to offer. Ministry leaders will direct these discussion-rich forums, guiding participants’ conversation and pointing them towards relevant resources available from the LCMS. Discussions will be focused on empowering local congregations’ pastors and laity to make a godly impact in their congregations and communities.
- Discover and share discussions: Bring your experience to the table. Come prepared with relevant resources and insights you might want to share on a given topic, and participants can hear insights and learn about resources from others.
Attendees will engage in these conversations with Synod leaders such as the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, LCMS president; the Rev. Kevin Robson, LCMS chief mission officer; and various LCMS ministry directors.
- Disaster Response Conference — April 15-16: Attendees will learn more about how the LCMS responds in times of disaster and how to get involved. The conference is open to all laypeople, pastors and church workers. Registration is $30, plus $20 for the optional Wednesday banquet. Visit lcms.org/disaster-response-conference for more information.
- Specialized Pastoral Ministry Conference — April 15-16: The conference is open to SPM chaplains as well as all LCMS laypeople, pastors or church workers interested in this ministry area. Registration is $30, plus $20 for the optional Wednesday banquet. Visit lcms.org/spm-conference for more information.
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging.
Another large conference is being held in Fort Wayne during the same dates.
There are two recommended lodging options:
- A block of hotel rooms at the Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne has been reserved at a discounted room rate of $99 per night (plus applicable taxes) for the nights of April 15-17.
- Rate includes complimentary hot breakfast, Wi-Fi, and parking. Complimentary airport transportation is provided to/from the Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne by request in advance only.
- Make reservations online >>
- Reservations may also be made by calling 260-999-6040; inform the hotel representative you are attending the LCMS conference.
CTSFW dormitory rooms
- Attendees may reserve a dormitory room at Concordia Theological Seminary for $30 per night.
- Each room has two twin beds. Linens (sheets, towels) are provided. Toiletries are not included.
- Spouses may share a dormitory room.
- Shared bathrooms are on separate floors for men and women.
- All questions regarding CTSFW housing should be routed through Marge Wingfield, not the LCMS Office of National Mission.
- Contact Marge Wingfield for housing at 260-452-2100 or email@example.com.
- CTSFW housing guests will need to stop by the Office of Public Safety upon arrival for payment and keys.
- How to prepare for regional conferences
- Photo gallery — ‘Making Disciples for Life’ Initial Gathering
- KFUO Radio — Rev. Robert Zagore explains ‘Making Disciples for Life’ initiative
- Video — ‘Making Disciples for Life’