Postponed: ‘Making Disciples for Life’ Gathering — Fort Wayne, Ind.
April 17 | 8:00 am - April 18 | 3:30 pm
Owing to increasing travel restrictions due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and out of abundant concern for our brothers and sisters in Christ, we have reluctantly decided to postpone the Making Disciples for Life (MDFL) Gathering as well as the Disaster Response and Specialized Pastoral Ministry conferences scheduled for April 15-18 in Fort Wayne, Ind.
Those who have registered will receive a refund, and we encourage you to join us at the rescheduled conference (date to be announced) and at our next regularly scheduled MDFL event Sept. 23-26, 2020, in St. Louis.
LCMS Church Information Center
- 888-843-5267 (THE-LCMS)
While similar in format to January’s MDFL Initial Gathering in St. Louis, the forthcoming schedule will reflect changes made in response to participants’ feedback.
The goal of these conferences remains the same: face-to-face interactions and exchanges of information among the people of congregations, districts and the national Synod.
The gathering will include presentations with question-and-answer opportunities, as well as two types of “tabletop discussions”:
- Resource share discussions: Learn what your Synod has to offer. Ministry leaders will direct these discussion-rich forums, guiding participants’ conversation and pointing them towards relevant resources available from the LCMS. Discussions will be focused on empowering local congregations’ pastors and laity to make a godly impact in their congregations and communities.
- Discover and share discussions: Bring your experience to the table. Come prepared with relevant resources and insights you might want to share on a given topic, and participants can hear insights and learn about resources from others.
Attendees will engage in these conversations with Synod leaders such as the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, LCMS president; the Rev. Kevin Robson, LCMS chief mission officer; and various LCMS ministry directors.
MDFL presenters and facilitators
- Rev. Dr. Matthew Harrison, LCMS president
- Rev. Peter Lange, LCMS first vice-president
- Rev. Kevin Robson, LCMS chief mission officer
- Rev. Dr. James Baneck, executive director of the LCMS Office of Pastoral Education
- Rev. Robert Zagore, executive director of the LCMS Office of National Mission
- Rev. Daniel McMiller, executive director of the LCMS Office of International Mission
- Mark Hofman, executive director of LCMS Mission Advancement
- Rev. Mark Kiessling, director of LCMS Youth Ministry
- Rev. Michael Meyer, director of LCMS Disaster Training
- Rev. Dr. Ross Johnson, director of LCMS Disaster Response
- Rev. Robert Wurst Jr., volunteer manager for Lutheran Early Response Teams (Disaster Response)
- Deaconess Dorothy Krans, director of LCMS Recognized Service Organizations
- Deaconess Cara Patton, coordinator for LCMS Recognized Service Organizations
- Rev. Marcus Zill, director of LCMS Campus Ministry and LCMS U
- Rev. Dr. Roosevelt Gray Jr., director of LCMS Black Ministry
- Rev. Dr. Steven Schave, director of LCMS Urban & Inner-City Mission; director of LCMS Church Planting
- Rev. Dr. Mark Wood, director of LCMS Witness & Outreach Ministry and LCMS Revitalization
- Dr. Rebecca Schmidt, director of LCMS School Ministry
- Rev. Sean Daenzer, director of LCMS Worship
- Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director of LCMS Rural & Small Town Mission and pastor, Trinity Lutheran Church, Madison, Neb.
- Rev. Heath Curtis, coordinator of LCMS Stewardship Ministry
- Rev. Dr. Nathan Meador, assistant coordinator for LCMS Stewardship Ministry
- Deaconess Maryann Hayter, manager of grants administration
- Maureen Lenz, manager of LCMS Volunteer Connection
- Director of Christian Education Julianna Shults, program manager of the Lutheran Young Adult Corps
- Rev. David Ficken, disaster response coordinator with LCMS Specialized Ministry
- Deaconess Pamela Nielsen, associate executive director of LCMS Communications
- Dr. Kevin Armbrust, director of Editorial for LCMS Communications
- Rudy Blank, director of Web Services for LCMS Communications
- Peter Slayton, manager of social media for LCMS Communications
- Erik Lunsford, managing photojournalist for LCMS Communications
- Rev. Jeff Nehrt, LCMS Southern Illinois District Prison Task Force member
- Rev. Jim Rivett, LCMS Southern Illinois District Prison Task Force member