LCMS Specialized Pastoral Ministry Conference — Fort Wayne, Ind.
April 15 | 1:15 pm - April 16 | 6:00 pm
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod will host a Specialized Pastoral Ministry Conference from 1:15 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, April 15, to 6 p.m. Thursday, April 16, at Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Ind.
The conference precedes the Making Disciples for Life Gathering, which will be held April 17-18 also at CTSFW.
The Specialized Pastoral Ministry Conference is open to SPM chaplains as well as LCMS laypeople, pastors or church workers interested in this ministry area. The conference will include a session track focused on Prison Ministry.
Registration for the SPM conference is $30, which includes lunch on Thursday.
Conference participants may attend one of two optional events at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- A peer review group event, which includes a complimentary dinner, is available for SPM chaplains only.
- A banquet is being hosted by LCMS Disaster Response, which is having a simultaneous conference at CTSFW. The banquet fee is $20.
This conference will explore various aspects of SPM, including Prison Ministry, and there will be opportunities for fellowship and discussion.
SPM trains and endorses ministers to serve people who are ill, imprisoned, aging, troubled, conflicted or isolated.
Across every district of the LCMS, ordained or commissioned SPM ministers work through chaplaincy, pastoral counseling and clinical pastoral education to bear witness to Christ in the midst of weakness and show mercy to those who are suffering.
This event page will be updated with a detailed schedule, including speakers and presentation topics.
Contact LCMS Specialized Pastoral Ministry at email@example.com with questions.
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging.
Another large conference is being held in Fort Wayne during the same dates.
There are two recommended lodging options:
- A block of hotel rooms at the Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne has been reserved at a discounted room rate of $99 per night (plus applicable taxes) for the nights of April 15-17.
- Rate includes complimentary hot breakfast, Wi-Fi, and parking. Complimentary airport transportation is provided to/from the Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne by request in advance only.
- Make reservations online >>
- Reservations may also be made by calling 260-999-6040; inform the hotel representative you are attending the LCMS conference.
CTSFW dormitory rooms
- Attendees may reserve a dormitory room at Concordia Theological Seminary for $30 per night.
- Each room has two twin beds. Linens (sheets, towels) are provided. Toiletries are not included.
- Spouses may share a dormitory room.
- Shared bathrooms are on separate floors for men and women.
- All questions regarding CTSFW housing should be routed through Marge Wingfield, not the LCMS Office of National Mission.
- Contact Marge Wingfield for housing at 260-452-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CTSFW housing guests will need to stop by the Office of Public Safety upon arrival for payment and keys.