- This event has passed.
SPM educational event — ‘Mental Health: We All Need It’
May 29, 2019 - May 31, 2019
LCMS Specialized Pastoral Ministry is hosting an educational event titled “Mental Health: We All Need It” on May 29-31, 2019, in San Antonio at the Oblate Renewal Center.
The event is designed to assist all of us in recognizing and supporting the qualities of mental well-being in others, and information will be shared to help when experiencing mental and spiritual challenges in our own lives.
Registration, including meals and lodging, is free for specialized pastoral/spiritual ministers, emergency services chaplains, seminarians and others exploring the vocation of SPM.
Spouses may register for $90.
- “Mental health: What is it? What are the signs of deterioration? What can we do to care for ourselves when we are struck with our own challenges to mental health?” — by Ms. Megan Miessler, DCE, LCSW, Executive Director, Lutheran Counseling Services, Winter Park, Fla.
- “Spiritual Warfare” — by the Rev. Dr. Gary Zieroth, Dean of Students and Director of Vicarage and Internships, Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- “Well-being among LCMS Ministers: Challenges and Opportunities” — by Mr. Ryan Curnutt, Senior Research Analyst, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
- Bible study — by the Rev. Chaplain Derek Wolter, Director of Spiritual Care, Lutheran Home and Harwood Place, Wauwatosa, Wis.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop, please send a proposal to email@example.com.
View presentation descriptions
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 29 — San Antonio River Walk (Free transportation provided.)
- 2 p.m. Friday, May 31 — The Alamo (Free transportation provided. Guided tours available for $7 or $15.)