2024 Lutherland — Germany — Wittenberg — The Old Latin School Tour
August 23, 2024 - September 5, 2024
Support The Old Latin School and join The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod President Harrison, Rev. Wilhelm Weber of The Old Latin School, and other LCMS leaders on a tour of “Lutherland” sites across Germany.
From Aug. 23 to Sept. 5, this 12-night, 13-day bus tour with an experienced multilingual tour director will take you along the paths of Luther, through the heart of the Reformation in Wittenberg, and to beautiful and cultural sites throughout Germany.
This tour is similar to the one offered in 2022, except we will be staying an extra day in Oberammergau, one of the favorite stops on the last trip.
Tour stops include:
- Munich and Oberammergau in the beautiful Bavarian Alps,
- The mountain resort of Garmish–Partenkirchen,
- The baroque old town of Heidelberg and Heidelberg Castle,
- Worms and the Rhine River,
- Eisenach and Wartburg Castle,
- Erfurt with Luther’s Augustinian monastery,
- Eisleben where Luther was born and died,
- Wittenberg with a Divine Service held at the chapel of the Old Latin School,
- Torgau, and
Lodging, 18 meals, land transportation in Germany, gratuities, and all admission fees at tour attractions are included in the cost of $2,540. Space is limited.
Each registrant is also required to make a financial commitment of $3,000 (over the next three years) to support The Old Latin School.
Registration information will be provided here as soon it’s finalized.