- This event has passed.
LCMS National Convention – 2023
July 29 - August 3
The 68th Regular Convention of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod will be held from July 29 to Aug. 3, 2023, at the Baird Center in downtown Milwaukee.
The Synod will gather under the convention theme, “We Preach Christ Crucified,” based on 1 Cor. 1:18–25. In a world of uncertainty, the church’s proclamation, mission, and identity remain the same. We preach Christ crucified.
- Floor Committee Weekend — June 9–June 12, 2023, St. Louis
- Convention Dates — July 29–Aug. 3, 2023
- Pre-Convention Floor Committee Meetings — July 28 (Friday afternoon)
- Floor Committee Open Hearings — July 29 (8 a.m.–12 p.m. Saturday)
- Delegate Orientation — July 29 (1:30 p.m. Saturday)
- Opening Worship — July 29 (7 p.m. Saturday)
- Convention Close — Aug. 3 (12 p.m. Thursday)
- Installation of New Officers — Sept. 15, St. Louis
- Convention Triennium— lcms.org/convention
- Convention updates — lcms.org/convention/national
- Reporter story — Theme announced for 2023 Synod convention
Convention postponed from 2022 to 2023
In early 2021, the congregations of the LCMS approved, by over 90%, a proposal to extend the current 2019–2022 triennium, pushing the Synod’s previously scheduled 2022 national convention to 2023 and extending the timeline for districts that wish to delay their conventions from 2021 into 2022. The measure came as the impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt in both the church and the world.